01 October 2012

Filofax College - Week 1 - To-do Lists #1

Ring Ring - bell for the first day at College is ringing! 

Welcome to the first week of Filofax College.

I am going to be working thought the lessons using some help from some organisational books I have found, things I have found on the net, and also maybe some blog lessons on the way, not that I am amazing at blogging but I thought it could just keep it a bit exciting.

I would like to welcome all new members and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for joining me. As from now on every Monday will be Filofax College, I will try not to have any breaks. If anyone would like to be a guest poster please let me know, email me and I will let you teach a lesson!

We may even have some Skype discussions with Filofax College, I will make vidoes for you to follow and learn from! I am very excited about this year of Filofax College!

I am going to do a few different posts on To-Do lists, I know you are all thinking, how can  you make more than one post on to do lists, well I can as I have a few ideas you can use, just depends which you prefer.

I have a few ways I organise To do lists and if I chuck it all at you at once, you may be a bit like.....WHATTTT HELP IM SCARED WHAT DO I DO, YOU SAID DO THIS BUT NOW YOUR DOING SOMETHING ELSE... they were some examples. 

Today will be Colour coding To-Do List.

What you will need for this is, A pen & coloured paper (& a Filofax if you own one)

There are two options of how to start this, you can either make one huge list of everything on a separate sheet of paper first then gradually distribute them over the colour coded pages or you can write it as you think about it.

I always make one big list with everything on it.

Here is my example:

Untitled

Untitled

Then once I have done that I choose some set categories and transfer them on to coloured paper.

I first of all get a pile of different colours and think which category goes best with which colour...

Untitled

Untitled

Here are my titles, I did also have Miscellaneous but I tore that list up!

I then wrote out items from my main list on to each catagory

Untitled

Untitled

This is one way I organise my to-do lists in a few weeks time I will show you another way.

Today's homework is quite simple introduce yourself below in the comments i.e.

Hello I am Imogen, and I use a Filofax, I am 22 years old and live in the United Kingdom.

Then join the Filofax College Flickr Page and share a picture of your attempt at colour coding to-do lists, I would love to see how you get on!

Next week is a special guest lesson, look out for it next Monday!!!

Sorry today's lesson was so short, but I didn't want to overload you with information, the next to-do list lesson will be more in depth and helpful!

WELCOME TO FILOFAX COLLEGE!

signature1

13 comments:

  1. Love how my name is on the first sheet :D so privileged! Also, the posts will be coming your way soon, still waiting on some case studies :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homework!! (Do i get points for being the first one to hand theirs in?)
    Hello everyone! Im Alice and im 21 and i live in the UK!
    And i have 1 filofax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, my name is Kate, I am addicted to Filofaxes and have too many, I am currently using both personal and A5 purple Maldens :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an inspired way to set up your To Do lists, Great idea Imy.

    On another note...

    Hi, I'm Keji. I'm 28 and live in South East London, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an inspired way to make To Do Lists, great idea Imy.

    On another note...

    Hi, I'm Keji and I'm 28. I Live in SE London, UK and I have recently developed a love for all things Filofax :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, my name is Anita. I currently use 2 filofaxes & live in the UK :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I'm Angharad, I'm 29 and I live in South Wales, UK :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi my name is Sarah and I started using a Filofax last month, I'm 30 and I live in the US. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I'm Hannah. I live in the US and I currently use one main Filofax and one as an "archive"/"upcoming" binder with past and future 2ppd inserts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I am Joy aka GLOSSette (in my blog/youtube world). I'm 25 and I'm from Canada. I am addicted to Filofaxes that I got my first three within a 10-day time span. Obsessed much??!!?? Currently I am back to using my first FF which is my compact chameleon in raspberry. I am excited about Filofax College and all I can learn from it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I am Steph (or Stephanie) I am 32, I use 2 filofaxes and I live in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, my name is Amy. I live in the US. I love all things planner. I use Women's Success Planner in an Organized Mum binder.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi. I'm lindsay, I'm 38 and I live in Switzerland and have too many Filofaxes (if that is possible). Sorry I'm a bit late for class...

    ReplyDelete